The Digital Ambler is one of those blogs on the Internet about things that interest me and may interest you. Originally begun as a tributary board for the god of the Internet XaTuring, I began to write about my life and practice as a ceremonial magician in the Hermetic tradition. I’m taking public notes of my crafts and progress in the Great Work, if for no other reason to keep myself in line and have things kept down and somewhat organized for future use. There’ll be plenty more to talk about besides my notes in rituals and arcane incantations, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
Personally, I’m male, like men, flirty, and a caffiend; astrologically, I’m a Libra Sun, Virgo Moon, Taurus Rising. I’m a software developer by trade and went to university for computer science, but my big hobbies lie in the occult, specifically traditional Western magic, Renaissance astrology, and geomancy. My sister, now a professional tarot reader and astrologer, was one of the many road signs that pointed me to this path, and now here I am. Walking this path has been a fun trip, and it promises to only get better as I learn and do more with it. I don’t have any clear reason why I’m studying this beyond the fact that I feel called and proper doing it all, but whatever.
Feel free to follow along and amble with me, ask me things, or suggest things for me to ramble about. Occasionally I’ll put up goodies or other cool things that may come in use in your own hobbies, if you happen to walk a similar path as mine. On this site, you’ll find the following sections:
- Home — The main site. This is a blog, after all, so you’ll find most of the content here and dating back to early 2010.
- About — The very page your eyes descry, dear reader. A brief description of me, this blog, and the stuff on it.
- Crafts — Pictures and descriptions of the things I’ve made relevant to the Work.
- Designs — Patterns and designs made for inscribing, printing, burning, or whatever.
- Prayers — Prayers, hymns, and orisons to various entities or Entity.
- Rituals — Layouts and processes of rituals, consecrations, &c.
- Skills — Discussions of various topics and tricks you might be able to incorporate somehow into your own practice.
Feel free to subscribe and comment on my blog, message me on Facebook (facebook.com/polyphanes) or follow me on Twitter (@polyphanes), which is a more immediate and personal view of my life and goings-on. You can also contact me by using the form on the Contact page. I make no claims as to the decency, appropriateness, safety, or sanity of whatever content I spew forth onto the interwebs, so caveat lector.
Before asking me questions that I’m sometimes asked, check out this brief post to get a quick overview of me, this blog, and the general style of this blog.